—> Vitamix Green Juice <—
Juicing Vs. Blending
Last summer I purchased a juicer. I love me some healthy juice; however, I have a few issues with the juicer: 1. It requires more cleanup than my Vitamix, 2. I feel like I’m wasting a lot of the fruits and vegetables I’m using, 3. there is extra compost to get rid of, and 4. in my opinion juicing is more expensive than blending.
Juicing has it’s health benefits too, but sometimes I’d just like some refreshing juice without the hassle of the juicer.
I seriously love my Vitamix… it’s by far my favorite kitchen appliance (aside from my food processor), because it’s simple to use and easy to clean! I’ve used it to make muffins, sauces, cauliflower mashes, smoothies, and now… juice!
I came up with this little Vitamix green juice recipe. It’s no Jamba Juice smoothie, but it’s cool, refreshing, just the right amount of sweet, and perfect on a hot day when you want something light. It also feels detoxing in the body, so it keeps me feeling energetic and fresh.
Hope you love it as much as I do! Love or hate it?
Comment below – or connect with me! I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Vitamix Green Juice
- ½ Cup Frozen Fruit (I like to use mixed berries or mangoes)
- 2 Handfuls Frozen Greens (I like to use frozen spinach)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Cup Water (or more depending on how thick you like your juice)
- ¾ Cup Ice (Or 3-4 large ice cubes)
- 1 Tsp. Raw Honey (Optional)
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Place all ingredients in your Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add tablespoons of water as necessary and use your vitamix tamper tool until your juice reaches your desired consistency.
THANKS FOR VISITING
Thanks so much for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content possible. If you would… please complete a brief 3 question survey so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY… And Thank You – you’re feedback means the world 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!