I’ve recently discovered RX Bars (I don’t know what rock I’ve been hiding under), and I’m obsessed! The ingredients listed on the label are clean and great; they’re ingredients that I feel comfortable consuming, especially during pregnancy while I’m slow cooking a precious angel.
Vegan RX Bar Recipe
If you haven’t tried RX Bars, they are basically a Lara Bar, but with extra protein. And who doesn’t want a clean healthy snack with extra protein? So good! The protein added to RX Bars is egg white protein. This is awesome and I’m all about that, but I was thinking that the vegans of the world would also probably love an RX Bar. I thought about writing a letter, but I figured coming up with my own recipe would suffice ;).
You guys… these bars… they might give my Lara Bar Recipe a run for it’s money… and those Bars are pretty darn good. This RX Bar recipe though… so tasty and oh so satisfying. I’m actually really proud of myself for this one. Also… making your own RX Bars is muuuuch more cost effective!
If you do… please let me know what you think! Comment below – or connect with me! I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Also – this recipe is also completely customizable! Fold in chocolate chips or other dried fruit (instead of almond slices and more coconut) to change up the flavor!
Deliciousness in 30 Minutes or Less:
- Place dates, protein powder, whole raw almonds, ½ cup shredded coconut and h2O in your food processor.
- Blend for 5-10 minutes until mixture becomes a dough like consistency.
- Combine dough, ¼ cup shredded coconut and ¼ cup almond slices in a mixing bowl (I kneed the almond slices and shredded coconut into the dough with my hands).
- Make a dough ball, and place it on your counter (on top of some parchment paper - for easier clean up).
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to be about ½ an inch thick. (You can also use your hands to mold the dough into rectangle or square shape that is ½ inch thick.)
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough into rectangle or square bars
- Refrigerate your bars for about 20-30 minutes and enjoy!
Also - this recipe is also completely customizable! Fold in chocolate chips or other dried fruit (instead of almond slices and more coconut) to change up the flavor!
THANKS FOR VISITING
Thanks so much for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content possible. If you would… please complete a brief 3 question survey so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY… And Thank You – you’re feedback means the world 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!