Vegan Chocolate Sauce Recipe:
If you’re looking for a dairy-free, vegan, and delicious way to cover your favorite fruits or treats in a dark chocolate sauce… this recipe is for you! Made with only 4 ingredients – and ingredients you can feel good about.
I will let you in on this fact though: this recipe only uses clean ingredients… it still contains quite a bit of fat and sugar – good for you fats, and all natural sugar of course… but if you’re watching your girlish figure: eat in moderation.
I don’t believe in dieting that eliminates all pleasures. I think it’s not sustainable long-term, and then when dieting is over… it just makes me want to go crazy and eat donuts all day.
I believe in eating in moderation… and when you have that sweet tooth craving… treat-yo-self (with a treat made with good ingredients), and don’t eat until you feel “sugar sick”.
This chocolate sauce is very yummy, and you can turn it into a fudge too – just keep it stored in the freezer – )it needs to remain at this colder temperature to maintain a fudge-like quality).
When I make this recipe I usually set some sauce aside (to eat ASAP obviously), and then pour the rest into chocolate molds. I then let the chocolate harden in the freezer, remove the chocolate from the molds and then store in a plastic bag in the freezer. And then later…. I can do a variety of things:
- I can melt some on another day when I’m craving some chocolate covered strawberries or bananas
- I can slice the chocolate into tinier pieces and use as a replacement for chocolate chips in other cooking or baking recipes (because it’s made with agave – it will not freeze to be ‘rock hard’, making it easy to slice up)
- I can pull out a chunk of fudge and just eat it like that.. yep! No Shame.
I actually don’t have chocolate molds currently – so for this recipe I lined a loaf pan with saran wrap and used this for a mold. Using saran wrap makes cleanup easier!
Enjoy your vegan chocolate sauce, and do your best to save some for later 😉
- ½ Cup Natural Coco Powder
- ½ Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- ¼ Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 Tbs. Organic Amber Agave
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat until mixture reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, and allow sauce to simmer until it reduces and thickens a bit (about 10 minutes).
- Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes, and enjoy as a topping or dipping sauce.
- If you are making a fudge - pour into a mold and set in the freezer to freeze for about 30 minutes before enjoying - and keep leftovers stored in the freezer
Great recipe, yes? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!