–> Healthy Toddler Smoothie Recipe for Picky Eaters <–
It’s a new year, and a new us.! After another season of cookies and peppermint bark… I’m trying real hard to eat healthy (despite pregnancy cravings for bagels, cheese, peanut butter and more cheese).
Also… we have to hide the sugar from our kids eventually, right? Or throw it away and act like we don’t know what happened to it.
My two-year-old, like all two-year-olds… suffers from picky eater-ness syndrome. She’s subscribes to the typical toddler diet: cheese, bread, fruit, candy (bribes), and gummy vitamins. Sound familiar? AKA pulllease eat something other that carbs and cheese… –> also talking to you pregnant lady (me).
Toddler Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies help me sleep at night, because when I beg my child to eat broccoli as she folds her arms, closes her eyes, and pouts, “no way!”… I feel triumphant! Why? Because instead of feeling defeated in the vegetable war, my mom game is on point as I hand her a tasty smoothie laced with kale.
Insert all trophy and raise the roof emojis here.
My friends on the Harvard Sailing Team would say, “It’s totes the best toddler smoothie recipe”!
- 1 handful chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1 tbs. almond butter
- 1 tbs. raw honey (or more to taste) (sub agave or pure maple syrup for a vegan recipe)
- ½ medium banana
- 1 cup frozen berries (any berries)
- 1 cup milk (or milk alternative, I use almond milk)
- 1 tbs. chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You may or may not need to use a tamper tool to assist blending.
- Note: for photography purposes I blended ingredients separately to create a fun and layered visual effect.
- Purple Layer: Almond butter, frozen berries, banana, and about ¾ cup of almond milk.
- Green Layer: Kale, chia seeds, honey, and about ¼ cup almond milk.
- (Make purple layer and then pour it into a glass. Place glass in the freezer while you clean your blender and make your green layer. Make green layer, pour over purple layer, and then freeze for about 15 minutes to set). Photograph or swirl to combine 😉
Thank You for Visiting
Thanks for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content. If you would… please complete a brief 3 question survey… so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY!
Your feedback means the world 🙂