—> Superfood Hot Chocolate <—
My new favorite hot chocolate recipe makes the perfect cozy morning beverage or healthy evening dessert. It’s nutty, chocolatey, wholesome, dark and rich (but not too rich).
The darker the chocolate, the better, right? <— That’s how I feel about chocolate bars, and so naturally… I feel the same about hot chocolate.
This superfood hot chocolate recipe does not yield your average cup of cocoa. If you’re expecting something super creamy and loaded with sugar, then this recipe is not for you 😉
This superfood hot chocolate doesn’t make me bloat, and after I drink it I feel GOOD. My chocolate craving is satisfied… Plus I’m confident that the “treat” inside my body doesn’t contain any refined sugars or artificial ingredients. Also, it’s completely delicious!
What does Superfood have to do with hot chocolate?
When you use RAW cacao powder, antioxidants (and lots of them) are preserved (unlike processed dark chocolate powders). Other vitamins and minerals are preserved too!
- Phenethylamine (stimulates your “feel good” neurotransmitters). <– Helps fight depression and anxiety!
- Vitamin C
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids
- Fiber, which keeps you regular!
Chocolate is typically associated with some “bad” things, including sugar, dairy and other fillers/ preservatives. These ingredients contribute to weight gain, diabetes and other side effects, whereas raw cacao has been shown contribute to:
- Weight loss
- Regulated blood sugar levels
- Cardiovascular system benefits
- Lower blood pressure &
- Improvement of heart disease conditions
There’s a scrumptious scoop of almond butter in this cup of cacao.
Almond butter = healthy fats.
- Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats.
- Monosaturated fat may help lower blood cholesterol when used in place of saturated fat.
- The almond butter I use also contains coconut oil. Most of the saturated fat in coconut oil is made of medium-chain fatty acids. Medium-chain fatty acids are metabolized by the body for energy, and are less likely to be stored as fat. Also… coconut oil keeps you feeling fuller for longer!
This detox hot chocolate recipe contains some healthy spices. These healthy spices help boost immunity, reduce heart disease and lower blood sugar levels.
All natural sweetener
Raw honey or pure maple syrup! Good for your gut and good for inflammation.
Superfood Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Fill your favorite mug with boiled water.
- Add cacao, almond butter, spices and sweetener of choice. Stir until almond butter is melted.
- Add almond milk, sip and enjoy!
Thanks for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content possible. Please complete a brief 3 question survey so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY… And Thank You – you’re feedback means the world 🙂
***Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!