Smoothie Bowl Recipe:
This healthy and easy recipe is made with clean ingredients – in true Kitchen of Eatin’ fashion! It was inspired from good old Jamba Juice – I love their smoothie bowl recipe made with peanut butter and strawberries, but I don’t often want to drive to get one.
Here’s the recipe – easy peasy made with almond butter – find out why!
One morning I made this instead using Almond Butter instead of peanut butter in my handy dandy Vitamix – (<—Affiliate link – I only provide links to products that enhance my own life and believe will enhance yours too!).
So why almond butter and not peanut butter?? Let me tell you!
- Almond butter contains more vitamin E per tablespoon than peanut butter (4 mg vs 1 mg) – vitamin E is an antioxidant (which removes free radicals that damage your cells).. in other words – it’s good for your skin… and your cells! plus it improves immunity and it may protect against heart disease.
- Almond butter contains more magnesium than peanut butter (45 mg vs. 26 mg); magnesium helps keep blood pressure low, bones and teeth strong (helps the body absorb calcium), keeps heart rhythms normal, and is essential to keeping healthy!
- Almond butter contains more iron than peanut butter (0.6 mg vs 0.3 mg) – iron is crucial to having energy and keeping our bodies healthy; it aids our bodies in the creation of red blood cells which deliver the necessary oxygen to our organ systems and body tissues. Babies need iron for proper growth and brain development – if you are breastfeeding – make sure you get plenty of iron in your diet!
So add almond butter to your smoothie bowls for an increase in these essential nutrients!
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
- 1½ Cups Frozen Strawberries
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Cup Granola
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flakes
- Add all smoothie mixture ingredients in blender. Note: You will have to use a vitamix tamper tool or a similar tool while blending
- Scoop mixture into your favorite breakfast bowl, top with toppings, and enjoy 🙂