–> Purple Sweet Potato Recipe <–
For Christmas dinner, my mom asked me to bring a veggie side dish. I ended up with a delicious butternut squash/ brussel sprout recipe that my brother scored from Pinterest (will post here soon, cuz’ it’s bomb)… but if came across this little combo sooner – this definitely would have been my veggie side of choice.
Purple sweet potatoes… have you ever experienced these little treasures?
Before I began receiving Sun Basket meals, I had not. And I was very much missing out.
I selected meals from the Sun Basket menu for a busy week when I knew I wouldn’t have much time to develop dinner on my own; this purple sweet potato recipe came as a dinner side dish.
I ended up loving it so much… that I scoured the web for where I could find purple sweet potatoes on my own to buy in bulk and make this recipe on the regular. <– Yes. That much love for this purple sweet potato recipe.
I went to a few grocery stores, but in the end… I found them at Whole Foods. Here in Northern California, sometimes our local Safeway will carry them too.
Heath Benefits of Purple Sweet Potates
- They are an excellent source of Vitamin C + Fiber. 
- Purple sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index. 
- They are loaded with anthocyanins – which give them that beautiful purple color. Anthocyanins are a flavaniod (or antioxidant) that have been shown to potentially protect against cardiovascular disease, cogntive decline and cancer. 
More reasons to love this recipe:
It’s a little dark, ominous and surprisingly delightful <– Just like winter yes?
It’s SUPER easy.
The flavor is rich + so unique <– a fun twist on regular sweet potatoes.
I really hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Sun Basket didn’t ask me to share this recipe with you, I just loved it that much…
However… I’m an affiliate for their program, because I do love the service they provide. If you missed out on this opportunity previously… I’ve teamed up with them to offer my readers 30$ off their order, so if you’d like… give it a whirl!:
In summary Sun Basket is:
- A meal planning and food delivery service.
- For a fair price Sun Basket delivers FRESH, LOCAL, REAL FOOD ingredients to your door… recipes included. Basically… They deliver, you cook.
Just a friendly reminder that I have teamed up with other bloggers to host a giveaway. We are giving away a $700 Amazon gift card, and so if you would like to enter to win, click the image below for details 🙂
Purple Sweet Potato Recipe
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 1 lb. purple sweet potatoes
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms (baby bella or baby portobello)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into ½ inch thick wedges or cubes.
- Slice mushrooms in half, or you can leave them whole if small.
- Strip rosemary leaves from their stems and finely chop.
- In a mixing bowl combine potatoes, mushrooms, rosemary, olive oil, salt + pepper and garlic.
- Place mixture on a sheet pan, and roast in oven for about 25-30 minutes, stir once half way through cooking time.
Thanks so much for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content possible. If you would… please complete a brief 3 question survey so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY… And Thank You – you’re feedback means the world 🙂
1 – Frieda’s.com
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!