—> Oven Baked Brussel Sprouts w/ Sweet Potato <—
Words to the lovers of giveaways, food delivery services, healthy recipes, and free food delivered to their doorstep: This post includes GIVEAWAY information on how you can win $500 worth of Hello Fresh Ingredients. See the bottom of this post for how to enter.
Oven Baked Brussel Sprouts with Sweet Potato
I’m often tempted in the evenings to use a salad as my veggie side dish for dinner, but since the day I discovered roasted vegetables… I have a hard time going back to that raw spinach.
Raw Spinach <– My frenemie. Raw.. obviously ideal and sometimes gross vs. roasted veggies, which is completely delicious, + still healthy. Did I mention completely delicious? I love the roasted flavor on my veggies… and with the right seasoning and spices… no one has to hate vegetables. Ever.
I repeat. Roasted veggies with the right seasoning and spices means no one has to hate eating their vegetables. Ever.
I owe my respects to Julia’s Album… which inspired the recipe I’m posting today. I made her Brussel Sprouts recipe over the holidays – and it led to this recipe. The recipe from Julia’s Album is also delicious… so you should check it out!
I make these oven baked Brussel Sprouts with sweet potato regularly as a side for dinner… but often it just ends up being my main course… cuz’ I love it that much. Also a bonus.. leftovers taste great with eggs in the AM (saving time chopping vegetables the next day – always a plus if you are looking to eat healthy when you’re short on time).
**Note: The recipe is whole30 when the maple syrup is removed… still just as delicious without it 🙂
If you make it and love or hate it… comment below! You’re comments help me learn to improve my content and recipes, and I love to hear from you!
Teamed up with fellow food Bloggers + Hello Fresh to host a giveaway for you!
TELL ME MORE ABOUT HELLO FRESH + THIS GIVEAWAY!
What can you look forward to winning?
Specifically Hello Fresh is giving away $500 towards their products and services<– That’s pre-measured ingredients and healthy recipes, delivered to your doorstep! <– Saving you trips to the grocery store + meal planning brain power.
Click this link —> Hello Fresh <— To learn more about Hello Fresh & what they have to offer!
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Below you will see the contest entry form.
- For every social media account (Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) that you follow OR email list that you subscribe to… your name will be entered into the contest one time.
- For example – if you follow Kitchen Of Eatin’s (1) and (2) Pinterest accounts AND (3) subscribe to our email list … your name will be entered into the contest 3 times.
Giveaway will run for 2 weeks and ends March 28th at 11:59 PM.
Giveaway is open to US readers only.
Hey.. GOOD LUCK! I hope you win! Seriously, I wish I were allowed to win.
- 2-3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium/ Large Sweet Potato (peeled + diced)
- 1 lb. Brussel Sprouts (Peeled, Halved, & Ends Trimmed)
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary (Leaves removed from stems and finely chopped)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder (or more to taste)
- ½ Tsp. Salt (or more to taste)
- ½ Tsp. Pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 Cup Walnut Halves
- 2-3 Tbs. Pure Maple Syrup - (leave out for a whole 30 approved recipe)
- ½ Cup Raisins or Juice Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F; line two baking sheets with foil and lightly spray with a non-stick spray.
- Combine olive oil, diced sweet potato, brussel sprout halves, chopped rosemary, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a large mixing bowl; Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine walnut halves and pure maple syrup; stir until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Place the vegetable mixture evenly over the foil-lined baking sheets; scatter walnuts evenly over the vegetables and bake for about 30 minutes (or until veggies are slightly crisp and tender); stir once or twice while baking to prevent the veggies and walnuts from burning.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and sprinkle raisins or cranberries over the top. Serve warm.