Do you think its possible… that if Beyonce finds my slushie recipe… that she’ll revamp the master cleanse diet all over again?
Raise your hand if:
- You’ve been a bit stressed during this holiday season <— Raising my hand.
- You’re surrounded by treats and other junk food, and… well… you’ve been caving in more times than not <— me raising my hand. Not shamefully, it’s the Holidays after all!
- You’re looking for a natural, caffeine-free boost of energy <—- Hand raised.
- You need an excuse to detox, even if it’s just for a day <—- I think I’ll just leave my hand up…
I’m not one for intense dieting. I honestly don’t even believe in the master cleanse diet long term… BUT, when I need a boost of natural energy – be it for a good run/ workout or if I’m just having a day … I love this detox beverage.
… A detox slushie??
This slushie recipe… is another fabulous brain child of my husband. He’s actually quite the recipe developer. Really, he is so good.. His recipe development usually goes like this.
- Grab blender, food processor or pan.
- Place whatever looks edible and good inside and turn it on.
- Abracadabra – a delicious creation (50% of the time).
My Recipe development takes much more thought than this. ^^^ so yes, I’m jealous of my husbands quick, easy and delicious food babies… but also grateful. Where would this blog be without it?
Here are a couple other of his food children that have made a cameo on Kitchen Of Eatin’ –> always crowd favorites:
^^^ Obviously man food.
The Master Cleanse Slushie
Okay anyway – the slushie. My husband has basically taken the original Master Cleanse recipe and replaced most of the water for ice. He put all ingredients in the blender… and voila: a detox slushie was born.
The combination of maple syrup, lemon juice, & cayenne pepper is actually quite good. It gives me this zing of energy, and I feel like I’m ready to conquer the battle of world peace. All in one day <— I wish.. but really, It’s the perfect pre-workout, energizing beverage.
AND… the the consistency of the drink as a slushie makes the idea of a detox a little more fun 🙂
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 8 - 10 Ice Cubes
- 2 Tbs. Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/10 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 3-4 Tbs. Water
Thanks so much for visiting Kitchen Of Eatin’. I value my readers very much, and I want to provide them with the best content possible. If you would… please complete a brief 3 question survey so that I can learn how to better serve you! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE SURVEY… And Thank You – you’re feedback means the world 🙂
** Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!