This recipe has easily become my favorite clean eating snack. It’s crunchy, sweet, and it’s made with clean and pure ingredients making it guilt free.
If you ask my husband… he will tell you I’m much more of a snacker than a meal eater. I snack all day long, and this can be dangerous if I eat the wrong kinds of snacks… or if I eat to many… which I usually do 😉 sorry not sorry!
And when I’m snacking… I love me a good protein bar, nut bar… etc. I usually rack up our grocery bill loading up the cart with any and every kind of snack bar… especially Lara Bars… and then I eat them all day long. My husband just shakes his head, because to him it’s waste of money.
Make my own Lara Bars… boom!
Also a bonus… these bars are very easy to make using my favorite food processor – the most wonderful one I’ve ever owned… and the clean up is minimal.
Really, I love it. Other delicious recipes I’ve made with my food processor include:
All and all… we save money at the store, I have my snacks that I munch on all day long, my snack food is clean and healthy, and everyone is happy.
I really love these homemade Lara bars… my husband isn’t as much of a snacker and he does too. So Enjoy!
The recipe below will yield about 4 bars… but double… triple… quadruple the recipe to stock your fridge.. if you want 🙂 They’re great for make ahead breakfast, workout snacks, or dessert!
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- ⅔ Cup Seeded Pitted Whole Dates
- ½ Cup Raw Sliced Almonds
- ½ Cup Coconut Flakes
- ¼ Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place dates in food processor and blend until it becomes a dough like consistency (your food processor may even blend the dates into a ball of dough)
- Set the date dough aside in a bowl
- Place almonds and coconut in food processor and pulse the food processor until ingredients are finely chopped (don't blend the almonds and coconut into a butter or paste .. you will want your bars to have texture)
- Add chopped almonds and coconut to the bowl with the date dough and add the vanilla extract
- Use your hands to knead all ingredients together
- Make a dough ball, and place it on your counter (on top of some parchment paper - for easier clean up)
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough to be about ½ an inch thick. (You can also use your hands to mold the dough into rectangle or square shape that is ½ inch thick.)
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice the dough into rectangle or square bars
- Refrigerate your bars for about 20-30 minutes and enjoy