—> Healthy Turkey Meatloaf <—
***In addition to a scrumptious and healthy meatloaf recipe, this post contains my review of and affiliate links for Erica Ziel’s Core Rehab Program for postpartum women.
***Read on to learn how I’ve been working to heal my core from the inside out since I had my 2nd c-section this last June! & of course for the recipe!
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
I love me a yummy meatloaf recipe, but I really LOVE a healthy turkey meatloaf recipe… loaded with veggies, lean, gluten-free, and low-carb for the times when I’m trying to cut back.
For the last 4 months I’ve been participating in the Core Rehab Program by Erica Ziel. This recipe came with my membership to the program, and it’s 100% the best meatloaf recipe I’ve tried yet. Since beginning the program, I make it bi-weekly, because it’s so darn easy, healthy, satisfying and delicious.
I mean have you ever had a meatloaf that was just the right amount of warm and spicy and loaded with delicious veggies? I hadn’t!
Core Rehab Program Review
I began the program in October of 2017. I was 4 months postpartum, and I was eager to get back in shape. With my first pregnancy I struggled to find my deep core for a long time, seeking high intensity workouts like crossfit, HIIT workouts, and long distance running. I got in pretty good shape, but it took me a very long time to find my deep core (over a year), which I have learned is essential to postpartum core recovery.
After completing the Core Rehab Program (took me about 3 1/2 months), I sincerely feel that I have a better understanding of my body than I have ever had before. I understand how to properly connect my body and core both before and during exercise. This mind body connection has been life changing, and it has yielded results for me that go beyond improving my body confidence and physical appearance.
I have gained such an important understanding of my body: where it is still weak, and where I have strengthened it. I look forward to continuing core rehab program as a significant part of my fitness routine, and I also believe this program has laid the foundation for me to tackle higher intensity workouts again soon.
What is the Core Rehab Program?
- The Core Rehab Program comes in 6 phases. Phases 1-3 are released two weeks apart, and phases 4-6 are released 3 weeks apart.
- PLUS a bonus 12 week phase (which I am currently doing).
- As a member you receive lifetime access to the program, and access to digital streaming tutorials and workouts from any device. (I would often find it on my phone and even took it on vacation). You can also print the tutorials and workouts.
- Within the program there’s a beginner schedule (workouts under 30 minutes) and an intermediate schedule (workouts 30-60 minutes). I was in a lot of pain, and I was significantly out of shape when I started the program. I completed the first 3 phases as a beginner and moved to the intermediate program when I reached phase 4. Some of the workouts (especially phase 6) were quite challenging for my core, but I was ready to challenge myself! 😉 After kicking it into high gear… I really started to see results!
- The program also includes information on digestion and nutrition. A 7-day meal plan is included. I’ve incorporated a lot of the dietary suggestions, but I’ve also been far from perfect! It was the holidays after-all, and I don’t like to diet too strictly while breastfeeding. I just try to be healthy, and I try not to over-eat. When I am done breastfeeding, I’d really like to give the dietary guidelines a better go (I mean… considering how yum the food is!)
There’s no rush to complete the program. Life happens… especially with kids. If you start it and take a break, it’s A-OK to come back where you left off.
Workout From Home!
My Favorite part is that I can do it from home. It is seriously so hard to get to the gym these days. Life is crazy busy, and I love the option to workout from home.
My Core Healing Journey
Below I share my progress photos. Don’t mind my messy house, my messy hair, or the bags under my eyes LOL. I was just a tired and determined mom snapping progress pics as I could (between diaper changes, sleepless nights and screaming kids haha) to document my journey.
I’ve had diastasis recti after both of my pregnancies, and through this program my rectus abdominal muscles have come together a lot faster than after my first pregnancy.
**NOTE: In all photos I am neither trying to flex or “suck in”. All photos were taken in the morning after I completed a workout while my core and posture were still turned on, and before I had much to eat. I like most people… have a food baby (depending on what I eat) by the end of the day 😉
Testimonials of the Core Rehab Program
This program comes HIGHLY recommended. From the bottom of my heart I love it, and it is a gem of a program for postpartum recovery and beyond. Hear more testimonials below!
Where Do I sign up?!?
**Click any of the Core Rehab Program Links on this page or CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO LEARN MORE!
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- ¼ cup chopped frozen spinach
- ¼ cup red onion (chopped)
- ½ cup sweet bell peppers (chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 ¼-1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- organic ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix egg, oats, milk, onion, peas, spinach, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Add turkey + Mix well.
- Place mixture in an 8 in. X 8 in. X 2 in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes.
- Remove from oven & spoon off fat.
- Spread ketchup over meatloaf.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving
Refrigerate extra. Best if eaten within 2-3 days of making
This post contains affiliate links to products that use, love and highly recommend; at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!