Healthy Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe:
One of our favorite weeknight dinners! It’s gluten free, it’s low carb, it’s healthy and it’s fun.
If you are looking for a meal option that is low carb, healthy, delicious, AND easy to make… this is it! This recipe isn’t necessarily quick, because you have to prepare the stuffing and then bake the peppers for 40 minutes, but it is very easy to follow… and it’s fun to make too!
I love making meals with bell peppers, because they’re healthy and delicious… but also because they are so colorful and fun! We are trying to eat healthy and eat clean… and this recipe is nice, because it’s a fun switch up from the fish/chicken, quinoa, and broccoli meals that frequent our dinner table.
Simplify your dinner plans with this recipe. It’s great as the main dish, but also fun as a side dish. Also fantastic party food or make as an appetizer using little bell peppers.
Option to serve with your favorite Mexican dish toppings: sour cream, avocado or salsa.
Option to double the recipe and have leftovers for lunch the next day.
Recipe will yield more stuffing than you will use for the bell peppers. We like to save the extra stuffing and use it as taco fillings for lunch the next day or for the next evening’s meal.
- 1 small Sweet Onion
- 1 can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Diced Green Chiles
- 7 oz Black Beans
- 7 oz Yellow Corn
- 1 heaped tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- ½ lb Ground Turkey or Beef
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add onion. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add ground meat to the saucepan and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, chiles, beans, corn, quinoa, and seasonings. Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes
- While ingredients are simmering, heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place peppers in a baking dish, and spoon stuffing into bell peppers. Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Option to serve with salsa, avocado, and/ or sour cream.
Hope you enjoy this healthy stuffed bell peppers recipe as much as we do!!
Recipe adapted from iheartnaptime.net