Healthy BBQ Sauce Recipe:
This recipe is so finger licking delicious… literally! I love this BBQ sauce, it’s tangy, sweet and a little spicy all at the same time. It’s also very easy to make/ store, and it’s perfect for a pork ribs recipe… or with chicken.
This recipe was fun for us because we decided to get crafty with the photo shoot… and this is what we did:
We used a sheet to create the white background effect. We used natural lighting… but the shadows outside were a little heavy.. so we used these lights to help with that. You can read more about our photography tools here if you want… aka the tools currently in our camera bag 🙂
Any way… it was a lot of fun, and we got a messy!
We’re are learning a ton about Photoshop… editing was fun too!
Anyway… summer may be coming to an end, but we love BBQ all year round – especially now that it’s football season, so this healthy BBQ sauce recipe comes in handy for tailgating. Just make your sauce and toss it in the jar… and you’re ready to go tailgate!
Plus this recipe is made with natural and clean ingredients… most of which are already in your pantry – so you won’t have to spend too much at the store 🙂
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Amber Agave
- ¼ Cup Raw Honey
- ¼ Cup Tomato Paste
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- 3 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 4 Pinches Red Cayenne Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sauce pan over medium-high until mixture reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and allow sauce to cook until it has reduced and thickened a bit (about 25 minutes)
- Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week