Grilled Shrimp Skewers:
Summer is slowly coming to an end, and that makes me savor these last few days of summer barbecue even more. For labor day today, we are making our favorite grilled shrimp skewers.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy BBQ recipe to celebrate labor day today… look no further … I’ve got you covered.
This recipe is delicious, clean & healthy, and it has little spicy kick. It’s made with pineapple and honey, which gives it a sweet and citrusy flavor… and little bit of crushed red pepper, creating a perfect sweet and spicy flavor combination.
Most importantly as always – this recipe is EASY, with minimal cleanup! Allowing you to eat in AND enjoy yourself on your day off 🙂
You can follow instructions below for using this recipe as a quick dinner, side dish, or appetizer… or you can try it this way:
Make the sauce ahead of time, and marinate the shrimp for 6-12 hours for extra flavor!
This recipe will yield about 10 skewers – which in my house will feed only my husband and myself LOL (he’s my growing boy)… but you can serve up to 4 people – giving each 2-3 skewers.
These grilled shrimp skewers are gluten free, dairy free, and are made with healthy, clean ingredients. They are delicious… and if you don’t want to serve them for the main course – they make a fantastic appetizer or side dish.
Pair with a yummy green salad, fruit salad, potato salad, and of course watermelon to round out your labor day menu.
If you’re looking for some extra BBQ pointers today … try our grilled chicken sandwiches with honey orange BBQ sauce! Also a people pleaser at your BBQ party.
Enjoy this recipe… it really truly is so good and easy, making it one of my favorites. Let me know what you think!
- 30 Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 Large Pineapple
- 5-6 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Red Onion
- ⅔ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 juice Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Raw Honey
- In a small sauce pan combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, red pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and raw honey. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. Allow sauce to cook until it is reduced by half the original amount of liquid (about 15 minutes).
- While sauce is reducing, make skewers alternating onion, pepper, pineapple, shrimp (about 3-4 times per skewer - depending on how long your skewers are).
- Heat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F), and while grill is heating brush skewers with the sauce.
- Cook skewers on the BBQ for about 3 minutes per side, and brush skewers with sauce 1 or 2 more times while cooking
- Enjoy your skewers! Note - Option to make the sauce 1 day or several hours prior to grilling... and marinate shrimp in the sauce for extra flavor!