Grilled Chicken Sandwiches | Homemade Honey Orange BBQ Sauce
We love barbecue in our house. I think we use our grill at least 3-4 times/ week, and we are in the process of purchasing a smoker.
My husband isn’t on the paleo diet anymore, but he will eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner… so BBQ is a regular at our house.
I stumbled across the recipe in an old cookbook I had lying around the house. I changed a few ingredients to make it my own… and it’s so so good!
Perfect for a labor day BBQ or a relaxed dinner in. Enjoy these Grilled Chicken Sandwiches !!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 4-6 hamburger buns (your choice)
- 1 sweet onion
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 10 oz. bag of spinach; or a head of spinach
- 1-2 medium tomatoes
- 1 can 10½ ounces condensed tomato soup
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry chicken. Use BBQ sauce as a baste before grilling.
- Turn on grill to about 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grill chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine sliced onions and avocado oil in a skillet and cook until onions are translucent/ golden brown.
- Toast or grill the hamburger buns.
- Combine chicken, sliced tomatoes, grilled onions, sliced avocado, and spinach to make your delicious sandwiches. Apply extra BBQ sauce to the buns for extra flavor (and/ or other spreads of your choice).