Fajita Seasoning Recipe:
I went to make fajitas the other night (one of our family favorites)… I checked the label curious about the ingredients, AND the second ingredient listed was Monosodium glutamate – or MSG.
I was shocked that I had been feeding this to my family so regularly. Sure it tastes awesome – but if something is prepackaged and it tastes THAT good… there’s probably a reason why – and it’s usually not a healthy one.
I tossed that delicious, processed, and salty flavor enhancer aside. I decided it was time to develop my own Fajita seasoning – we eat them so often anyhow! Fair warning: it’s very delicious and you will keep coming back for more – even without a flavor enhancer 😉 so try not to over eat!
Is MSG bad for you? Well…
The debate is out, and several studies have pointed to the notion that it is… but results of these studies have also been disputed for a variety of reasons – including a lack of applicability (generalizability) from the controlled environment in which they were obtained.
Nonetheless – MSG is a food additive that fools you into thinking that your food tastes super awesome… AND it keeps you coming back for more… and MORE. Studies have also indicated that MSG interferes with your ability to recognize that you are full (satiated), therefore causing over eating… and this finding has become a leading argument explaining the high prevalence of obesity in the USA.
SO… if that all sounds like gibberish… (SORRY)… basically I’m in the camp that we should avoid MSG and stick to clean, processed free foods as often as possible.
And you can start… with this supper tasty and natural Fajita seasoning recipe. I’m truly obsessed with and proud of this recipe. And I know you will be too!
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 4 Tsp. Organic Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Pink Sherpa Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tsp. Organic Paprika
- 2 Tsp. Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (Sugar)
- 1 Tsp. Organic Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Organic Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Organic Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tsp. Organic Lemon Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or an airtight storage container. Shake container and use as a seasoning for your favorite fajita recipes!
- Wonderful for chicken, steak, & shrimp fajitas
- Store in your pantry in a sealed container