Easy Chicken Taco Recipe:
I almost feel like I’m cheating with putting this recipe up here, because it takes no skill or talent to make… literally ANY ONE can make this… and it really, truly is very very good!
Always a pleaser at my house. Perfect for the dinner party when you would rather put your time into making a fancy dessert… or if you are exhausted from a days work/ taking care of your kids… and you just want to simplify your dinner plans..
This recipe is for you!
PLUS… It’s gluten free, and making it dairy free is always an option (just don’t use certain toppings).
I always get compliments on this easy chicken taco recipe when I have people over for dinner. You can too… feel like a fancy cook, and don’t tell your guests that you really just dumped frozen chicken and cans of vegetables into a crockpot 😉
Warning! This recipe is messy!. You will need napkins for sure.
Enjoy… and it’s always extra delicious when you top it with this fresh salsa recipe!
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 3 Medium Chicken Breasts (frozen or thawed okay)
- 1 Can Reduced Sodium Black Beans (15 oz.)
- 1 Can Yellow Corn Kernels (15 oz.)
- 1 Can Diced Green Chiles (7 oz.)
- 1 Jar Medium Chunky Salsa (15.5 oz.) or Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Red Onion
- 1-2 Avocados
- Queso or Cheese (optional)
- White Corn Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Place all taco filling ingredients in crockpot, and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours (if chicken is frozen), or for 2-3 hours on medium heat (if chicken is thawed).
- When chicken is done cooking - it should shred apart easy - I use forks to shred the chicken.
- Grill or microwave corn tortillas and then load them with the taco filling.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!