Crockpot Chicken Chili With Quinoa:
Fall has me excited for hearty meals, and this one is a family favorite. It’s healthy, it’s hearty and it’s delicious. Another fabulous and easy peasy crockpot meal!
I love me a good crockpot meal, because I just dump the ingredients in around 2:30 PM – and then I have the rest of the afternoon to be with my daughter or get things done without having to stress over our dinner plans.
This was one of the first meals I learned to make when I got married. Since then… I’ve changed the recipe by adding and removing some ingredients until it was perfection – to us! I’ve made this recipe more times than I can count, it’s an easy go to… especially on chili nights (pun intended). 😉
This recipe always yields leftovers – making those nights when you don’t feel like messing in your kitchen easy – this old friend will be waiting for you in the fridge – just pop back him back in the crockpot and reheat – and get back to doing more important things:
catching up on your favorite shows, making a trip to the pumpkin patch, family game night, getting ready for the big game – whatever your pleasure. … Also great to reheat for lunch or bring to a potluck or party.
This recipe is a little spicy… but my daughter (who is an 11-month-old baby) loves it. She can’t speak for all babies, but the messiest thing about eating this for leftovers is wiping up her face – she tries hard to make it all into her mouth – but when she loves it and is scarfing it down …. it’s in her hair, all over her clothes and all over her face. It’s cute really…. but it’s a mess!
I love feeding it to her though because it’s protein packed and is a good source of iron.
Enjoy! Make with your favorite cornbread – top with your favorite toppings, use as a baked potato topper.
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 10 Chicken Tenderloins (Frozen or Thawed ok)
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 14.5 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 10¾ oz. Can Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 15 oz. Can Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. Can Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. Can Yellow Corn Kernels (drained)
- 10 oz. Water
- 1 4.5 oz. Can Diced Green Chilis
- 1½ Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp. Cumin
- 1½ Tsp. Paprika
- 1½ Tsp. Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Red Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp. Ground Coriander
- ½ Tsp. Salt (or more to taste)
- ½ Tsp. Pepper (or more to taste)
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado (seeded & diced)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (chopped & washed)
- Place all chili ingredients in crockpot and heat on high for 2-3 hours (3 hours if chicken is frozen)
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred using forks on a separate plate; add shredded chicken back to crockpot and stir
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and enjoy!