—> Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup <—
Cozy Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
When Christmukkah comes to an end, I’m ready for Spring… and then I realize that winter has only just begun (insert all crying emojis here). Anyone else?
Winter is a bit more manageable here in California… but during those long and snowy winters in Utah, I frequently craved something warm and hearty… but also healthy!
I love me a crock pot meal… so here’s another one of my favorites: Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup. Yum!
- Requires only 2 pans
- Minimal prep (especially if you buy pre chopped veggies)
- Vegan/ Vegetarian Optional
- Did I mention: Hearty + Healthy + Delicious + Cozy !?!?!
- SO satisfying on a cold winter night
Enjoy Friends! Please comment below if you made it/ love it/ hate it/ think it’s bomb!
- 4 - 6 Slices of Chopped Turkey Bacon (Option: Omit for Vegan/ Vegetarian)
- 1 Small Sweet Onion (Finely Diced)
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1-2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Option: Sub 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans for Vegan/ Vegetarian)
- 2-3 lbs. Russet Potatoes - (Skinned and Diced)
- 2 Cups Sliced Carrots
- 2 Cups Sliced Celery
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth (Sub Veg. Broth for Vegan/ Vegetarian)
- Pepper to Taste
- Shredded cheese
- Light Sour Cream
- In a small frying pan combine garlic, onion and turkey bacon. Cook on medium/ low heat until onions are translucent and turkey bacon is fully cooked. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Combine turkey bacon, onion and garlic mixture with all other ingredients in crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours (until vegetables are soft/ chicken is fully cooked).
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred (Tip: you can shred chicken in a kitchen aid using the flat beater. This is much faster and easier!).
- Serve warm with optional garnish (sour cream, cheese and chives).