Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe:
I’m often on the hunt for dairy free recipes, because my daughter is allergic to dairy milk. This is a fantastic two ingredient, dairy-free, and vegan recipe for topping favorite treats and desserts – or for dipping :)~ yum!
I personally love using it for crepes, hot chocolate, pies, ice or nice cream, or on top of my favorite fruits – strawberries and bananas obviously!
I don’t have a milk intolerance or allergy, but when I consume too much dairy I don’t feel right… so as often as I can find a yummy dairy recipe alternative.. I do! And this one I prefer to regular whipped cream!
For this recipe it’s important that you chill your can of coconut cream overnight – for best whipping results. Store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks… and if your coconut cream hardens in the fridge – just let it sit out for 5-10 minutes and give it a quick refresh whip (with a whisk, kitchen aid or hand mixer) and it’s good as new!
Great recipe, right? More FREE recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Sign up here!
- 1 can Coconut Cream (14 - 15 oz.)
- Use one of more of the following: Organic Powdered Sugar, Organic Cane Sugar, a touch of pure/ raw maple syrup, honey or agave (Sweeten to preferred taste - I made mine with ¾ cup powdered sugar - but everyones 'sweet taste buds' are different)
- ¼ Tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Chill can of coconut cream over night in the refrigerator - and try to avoid shaking the can before opening in order to allow the thick cream to separate from the liquid in the can
- Freeze a mixing bowl for about 10 minutes before preparing - this helps to keep the coconut cream cold while mixing.
- Open the can, remove the top layer of thick cream and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer or a kitchen aid to beat coconut cream until it is smooth and whipped (about 1 minute)
- Add sweetener for choice and whip again until smooth.
- Enjoy right away, or store in your refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Also, this is not an original recipe - it was inspired from many other food bloggers who have made something very similar!