—> Cranberry Pie Recipe <—
This pie recipe has Thanksgiving AND Christmas written ALLL over it! With a spiced “gingersnap” crumble crust and a silky, sweet cranberry curd filling… how can you go wrong? Top it off with vibrant sugared cranberries and almond slices, and voila! You officially have a beautiful pie creation, made only with ingredients that are suuuper clean of course! … so you only have to feel a fraction of that holiday indulgence guilt 😉 … or none at all, because calories don’t count during the holidays.
You should definitely, definitely add this pie recipe to your healthy dessert repertoire, and of course to your Thanksgiving table.
Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 pinch of salt
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1½ cups organic coconut sugar, divided
- ¼ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, at room temp
- extra fresh cranberries
- sliced almonds
- fresh mint leaves
- Set oven to 350F
- Put walnuts, coconut sugar, ginger and almond flour in food processor; process until everything is finely ground.
- Add the coconut oil, molasses and salt and process briefly to combine.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Pat the mixture into the bottom of the dish, and up the sides to form your crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Then, set aside to cool.
- Combine the cranberries, 1 cup of the sugar, and ¼ cup water in a saucepan.
- Set the heat to low and simmer the cranberries, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until they've popped and the mixture is quite thick.
- Remove from heat to let the mixture cool slightly and then puree in a Vitamix until completely smooth.
- In a saucepan, combine the puree with the eggs, yolks, salt, lemon juice and remaining ½ cup sugar, and whisk together.
- Set over medium heat to cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon. This will take about 10 minutes or so.
- Push the curd through a mesh strainer, using the back of a spoon to get it all through.
- Let the curd cool for a few minutes and then add in the room temperature coconut oil, bit by bit, while you stir to melt it.
- Pour the curd into the pie crust and smooth out evenly. Then set in the fridge and chill until firm, about 2 hours or so.
- Top off your pie with a sugared cranberry garnish. Just roll damp cranberries in organic cane sugar (or coconut sugar) and let dry.
- For a little extra fancy, accent the inner edges of the crust with slivered almonds, and pop a fresh sprig of mint in the center of your dish.
How are you going to garnish this cranberry pie recipe?! You can get real creative with the sugared cranberries, almond slices and mint leaves. If you make this, snap a pic and tag #kitchenofeatin … I’d love to see what you come up with!