Chunky Guacamole Recipe:
I love me some smooth and creamy guacamole, but every once in a while I like to change it up by adding more vegetables. This recipe has a wonderful flavor and just the right amount of crunch with the added vegetables.
This recipe is perfect for an appetizer dip… but I like it even more as a topping on my favorite Mexican Dishes.
What is better than your own fresh Guacamole? Nothing at the store even compares!
You have the option to make this chunky guacamole spicy, hot, or mild – depending on how much Jalapeño pepper you decide to add (if any). I like it with one pepper – it’s spicy that way… or use half of a Jalapeño to make it mild.
Mexican food is one of my favorites – because I can make it gluten free and dairy free, and it’s still so good! Fresh guac is always a bonus on this favorite Mexican Dish: Tacos … or pair it with some yummy salsa for a party appetizer!
- 4-5 Avocados
- 1 Small Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (Finely Chopped) - Optional! (to add spice)
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (Pre-Washed and Finely Chopped)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Pressed)
- 1½ Roma Tomatoes (Seeded & Diced)
- 1 Tsp. Salt (or more to taste)
- 1 Tsp Pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- In a medium bowl mash 2 avocados until consistency is smooth
- Dice remaining avocados, and stir into creamy avocado mixture
- Add onion, Jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic cloves, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder and stir; add more seasoning to taste
- Enjoy with your favorite chips for an appetizer, or as a topping on your favorite Mexican dishes or sandwiches